Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Everlasting Decade:

S, R & I had met 10 years ago, at a time when we were tentatively taking the first few steps which determines this current day. The fact that we had a few similar insecurities and lots of similar dreams is what brought us together. The three of us are temperamentally very different….given a situation all three react in different ways. While S & R belongs to the 2 ends of the spectrum, I tend to balance them both out. Over the years we have nurtured each other dreams, seen each other fall, picked them up, encouraged, fought, bickered, lashed out at each other, driven others away but always later turned to each other for support and understanding.

Where 10 years ago, we used to meet every Saturday in the morning and talked non-stop till evening, now we meet for a few precious hours once a month and then each of us rush back to our own lives. Where 10 years ago, we used to analyse every minute incident in our lives, we now just mention the more important incidents in our lives to be analysed only when asked for.

Changes, subtle and slow but ever present. I don’t know where life will take us all as we stand on the brink of yet another cycle of life and in 10 years hence, but I know that I wouldn’t be here, where I am now if they were not with me all this while.

So as S, R & I always say, here’s to a great future – just as the way we always want it to be. Happy 10th Anniversary!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

From a Confused state to a happy state is what u always help me achieve. To reach that stage thou we might end up fighting, bitching, ignoring...but end of the day ..it matters what u say!!
Trust u with my life...and yes cheers to a bright future..life surely will smile at us 2;)
should after a decade ..what say !!

Grey Shades said...

Sigh! This brings back so many memories...

anumita said...

Good luck to you, guys, and wishing you decades of togetherness.

Pallavi said...

Well Happy anniversary to you too..
I wish I had friends like that now.. to just hang around ... all are so scattered.. how are you doing otherwise ?

Bips m said...

HS: Hugs!! :-)

GS: :-)

Anumita: thanks dear!!

Palls: thanks! u know palls...i think the reason we are together is bcoz all 3 of us are unmarried...once one of us get married...then it will never be the same!! am thinking a lot these days...:-)

Anonymous said...

hi
10 years of togetherness and still looking at 10 more years ...wow...i dedicate my 'Teen toote sitare' to our friendship!!
Lets celebrate this anniv ...

Grey Shades said...

Missing? :)