Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A few drops of Rain:

I tried to paint a picture
Over the years
Of hills and trees
Rolling meadows, cottony clouds
A little cottage and river running by

There were daisies, poppies
And perhaps daffodils
Which I would pick on the way
And give them away

How I wish it would rain
Heavy, grey and cold
Rough against my skin
So cold that it would seep inside my soul
And I would stand in that rain
Till it washed that canvas clean

I’ll give my paintbrush to Life
Let it paint its wish
Abstract and Uneven
For I am weary of my picture
Which doesn’t seem to end.

Maybe in that Life’s intangible canvas
I can still find my dream’s image
I can still pick up the daffodils
And then give it away.

Ohh, For those few drops of Rain!

2 comments:

manuscrypts said...

my take on para 3 have been documented :D

Bips m said...

haha..yup manu!! and i am ready with the rin bar and camera!!