Sunday, December 09, 2007

Life or Something like that:

God is cheeky. He will make you struggle, test your patience time and again, take you to thousands of crossroads, push you down stiff cliffs, makes you write chapters for which you can find no meaning – but He ultimately gives you what you want.

Sometimes waiting and struggling makes the whole point of getting ‘it’ lose its meaning, sometimes you are dead tired and can manage only a smile at your success where you wanted to be ecstatic. Sometimes you forget what you wanted in the first place.

A friend of mine had once told me – if you know better, act better.

Now if I know that God makes you wait so much, should I just stop wanting so badly? But if you stop dreaming, then you stop living.

Is there any way I can cheat God to give me my life-dues on time? With time slipping away so fast, can I take Him to task at the end and throw a tantrum for not finishing my list? Or will He send me back to struggle over the same list all over again?

Does He do what we do – keep the most precious wish or gift for the end? If that’s so, should we cut down our list so that we get to the best faster? Or should we wish for the end to come faster because your dearest gift will be there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I just want the end to come. And no, I'm not suicidal.

Kahini

Anonymous said...

hahaha....i agree with u and now i think my post looks suicidal!!

bips