Sunday, May 22, 2011

Moments and Thoughts

The music was getting louder by the minute. My friends and I were sitting in a restaurant which wanted to behave like a pub. Loud music, low lights, strange décor and stuffy air. It has been ages since I last went to a pub, so the atmosphere of this place was slowly getting to me. All I wanted to do was dash out into supposedly fresher air outside. I waited a few minutes.

In those minutes something changed – maybe the music, maybe the conversation…or maybe it was my mind that switched. I got caught on with the music and my mind lost itself to the rhythm. All I wanted to do then was just lose myself, let myself go. It has been ages since I last done that…close my eyes, let the senses take over and lose myself to the moment.

Life gave me two such moments in the last few weeks but almost at the edge I held on….afraid to let go. To leap, let faith take over.

No, I didn’t start dancing to the music at the restaurant then. I continued with our conversations and then walked out in the night.

No comments: