Thursday, February 15, 2007

Challenging God:

I wanted to take advantage of this impromptu break from work and cooked up some grand plans for a month long travel. Looked here and there, asked friends, friends of friends, friends of friends of friends who were travel freaks – but all were caught up with something or the other.
So my grand plans dwindled down to a week’s break in Goa but K was off to her mom’s place for a whole month and forbade me to come.
Then I decided on Bangalore but S&R just had a baby, so couldn’t force them go gallivanting with me.
That left me with Bombay. But S with whom I was planning to stay was shifting back to his parent’s place and N with whom I was planning to go on a Shayadri trek tore his ligament.

Clearly God was against me! Still I decided to challenge Him. I went to Dehradun to visit my college friend after 7 years. And what do I get there….days of constant rain! I looked up at heaven and could almost hear God’s laughter. My plans of going to Mussouri or Dhanaulti just vanished. We did however manage to sneak out to Rishikesh, Haridwar and a tiny slice of tranquility called Chila for a day. It was like game of cat and mouse with the rains…always managing to get out of a place the moment the rains started.


I think by the last day, God finally took pity on me. It poured incessantly the whole of Tuesday…thick grey sheet covering the sky. Finally in the afternoon the rain stopped. My friend and I immediately took advantage of the situation and stepped outside and got the most fantastic view ever. The whole range of hills from Mussouri to Dhanaulti was covered with thick layers of snow…..it seemed we were in Himalayas proper and not the foothills. The setting sun peeked out and the pure golden rays lighted up the snowed peaks. The colours slowly changed from orange to pink and everything around simply turned breathtaking (my only regret, I did not have my camera in hand that time).

I saluted the heavens and He smiled back turning all the clouds pink. The game between us was finally over.
You see, now that I am back, its pure sunshine here and in the hills as well!

3 comments:

manuscrypts said...

hmm, you seem to be very important in his scheme of things, woman :)

n.g. said...

thats the whole thing about life, girl. timing it is futile, just hope that it times you.

Bips m said...

Aww manu, u just made me feel so nice!! :-)


ya nish...have been perpetually waiting that someday my time will also come :-))