Thursday, October 25, 2007

Colour of Paradise:

I don’t like talking about movies here…because it’s a very personal preference and I don’t like raving or ranting about any. Let each people decide.

But a week ago, I saw an Iranian movie ‘Colour of Paradise’….a story about a blind boy. It’s not the story that I want to talk about. It’s the way the director has understood and captured the beauty of nature. Fresh, real and so beautiful that your heart aches with sheer longing. The wind through the trees, the sound of a bird, the colour of the field full of flowers, the gentle sway of the leaves and the crops, the boy’s hand touching the maize stalk, the silvery moon……so many times, unknowingly tears rolled down my eyes just at those simplest sights. Throughout the duration of the movie, I was spellbound. Nobody can bring nature out like this if he or she is not moved by the beauty around.

Go watch it with your heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tip.

I recently watched a movie that could be described with similar adjectives - it's called "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring". A Korean film. Astonishingly beautiful. Watch it.

Anonymous said...

I dont know if u remember Bips how I have raved about Irani movies, how they heart-tuggingly just tell a simple story about life in a very endearing and realistic way. Colour of Paradise is Majid Majidi I think. I have watched the 2nd part where the boy regains his eyesight after becoming a man but then wants to lose it again..

Bips m said...

parmanu: thanks. noted and will definitely watch