Sunday, November 04, 2007

Just:

One junior person in my team listens to ‘re-sung’ versions of old Hindi songs. Kumar Shanu-singing-Kishore Kumar-types. She thinks its original and keeps asking me how I could make out that it’s a ‘fake’!!

The juniors look at me strangely when I tell them that I like old Hindi and English numbers.

Another junior person wants to get rich fast. He keeps repeating ‘I have to earn money fast.’ He’s just 6 months in the industry and earning 3 times more that what I used to get when I was a trainee.

I met a woman a few weeks back; she was wearing a saree that day. The first thing that she said after saying hello was ‘please excuse me for being dressed like a moron but I had a workshop.’

I sometimes wonder what all I’ll get to hear in the next 10 years.
______________________________________________________


I burnt my fingers very badly the other day. The pain was excruciating but it didn’t faze me one bit. Because I knew that this pain will at least end.
______________________________________________________

Review meeting in Goa – it’s an oxymoron. Goa is a place for friends or families or lovers or for just being alone. I don’t understand the funda of taking people from all branches to Goa just to tell them how poorly everybody’s performed. Thankfully I could manage to slip away for sometime during dinner and spend that time walking the beach.

However these walks turned out to be just as claustrophobic – at one end were the office people discussing farcical issues while at the other end were the numerous amorous couples strolling in the dark. I found myself stuck between the falsities of both the world dying to run away yet again.

The trance-like crashing waves and the soft sand held me there.
______________________________________________________

The cheek-by-jowl buildings here block out the sky completely. I don’t think I have seen the moon or even a star in this city’s night sky yet. I miss watching the sparkling moon and the feathery clouds from my balcony in the other city. Sometimes – especially during approaching winter – late in the night when the moon’s high up in the sky and a faint cold wind blew, I could sniff the air and smell the snow-peaks and pine leaves – my dur khaima. My home. My peace.

3 comments:

manuscrypts said...

you know, i always thought you have a wonderful world within and wouldnt be too bothered about the without... so, thats a contradiction of sorts...
More importantly, why didnt you post pictures of those amorous couples??!! :p

Anonymous said...

Hey, we never appreciate what we have until it gets taken away from us [or we give it up for something new] Hopefully, you'll begin to appreciate all that's good about the new, because there is.

Hope you find a cure for your loneliness..

Bips m said...

Manu: Me taking pics of amourous couples?!! Ughhh!! And yes sometimes u do get affected by the 'without' - hate it when it happens.

Anon: I do hope so re...coz thats why i said yes to the 'new' in the first place. And no anon....its never been about loneliness. its about accepting the 'lemons' that life throw you from time to time. btw care to identify urself?